Louis Vuitton is quite an expensive brand, and it is wanted by a lot of people around the globe. People dream about using a Louis Vuitton bag, shoes, belt, etc. Certain companies have designed fake LV products and market these at a low price so that anyone can live their dream of using an LV product. But, these fake products are hampering the image of Louis Vuitton because some shops are selling fake products at the price of the original ones. There are some ways to identify the fake and authentic Louis Vuitton products.
Techniques to Identify Fake Louis Vuitton Products
- While buying an LV bag always look and examine the tag carefully. If the product looks good but the tag is cheap, then the product is not real. They do not label their products with a string strand and a round plastic piece marked with their logo in brown nor do they use the cutout part of the logo. Louis Vuitton always uses beautiful looking as well as good quality tags on bags, sunglasses, shoes, etc.
- Depending on the collection of the product, Lois Vuitton uses various types of fabrics to make their products especially handbags. For example, fine monogram textile, red canvas lining, cross grain leather, polyester that is tone on tone. The con artists do not pay any to little attention to the textiles used in making the internal part of the product. For this reason, the material of the product can tell you a lot about it.
- Plastic is never used by the Lois Vuitton brand rather they utilize the oxidizing natural cowhide leather for making the classic monogram of the brand Louis Vuitton.
- The products of Louis Vuitton are always unique and limited edition. Louis Vuitton is famous for the high-end luxury products. If the product is of horrible quality or is out of style, then it is 100% a replica. Keep in mind that an LV logo does not always mean that it is authentic.
- Always pay attention to every detailing of the product. Louis Vuitton always uses gold metal or brass hardware never a gold painted plastic. In the zipper of the product, the logo LV is clearly imprinted. If the seller gives you a picture, then go to the official Lois Vuitton website and compare the styles of the products. Minor and small details about the product can save you from buying a fake product.
Report to Relevant Authority
It is illegal to distribute or sell any replica product with the logo of an existing band. For this reason, you need to report it to the correct authority for removing the replica products.If you are not sure, you could hire a private detective to pose as a customer, and to ask questions of the vendor. Once you are certain, call the nearest police department who will take action against the sellers who are selling fake LV products. You can try calling Louis Vuitton for asking the ways to report fake or replica products. If you are purchasing online like from eBay or Craigslist, then flag or report the item to be removed. Report the product as well as the vendor to the Customs and Border Protection Division and file an e-allegation for breaching of the trademark. This is how you can report a fake product available in the market.